State of the Planet Declaration from PUP
(25th - 29th March, 2012)
Planet Under Pressure - a major conference that will be held in London in March 2012 leading up to the Rio+20 conference in the same year. This is a four day event that seeks to bring together scientists, policy makers and the business community to understand the pressures the planet is under and identify solutions.
The key aims of the conference include:
• 2500 participants combining global-change science and policy, business and development communities
• Scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Rio +20 conference
• Building trans-disciplinary research communities
• Identifying opportunities for enhanced partnerships between global change science and policy, industry and the public
• A new vision for international research
The conference scientific advisory committee, headed by Prof. Lin Ostrom, is very interested in sessions from social scientists in the developing world. So please do take a look and submit proposals online (http://www.planetunderpressure2012.net/session_submission.asp).
SANDEE's mission is to strengthen the capacity of individuals and institutions to undertake research on the inter-linkages among economic development, poverty, and environmental changeand to disseminate practical information that can be applied to development policies.
Read More »