Ms. Joyashree Roy
Professor of Economics
Address : Kolkata, West Bengal, India
SANDEE Grant Period: 12-07-2001 to 12-07-2003
SANDEE Publications : Roy, J. (2007), 'Estimating the Economic Benefits of Arsenic Removal in India: A Case Study from West Bengal', SANDEE Working Paper No. 21- 07
Roy, J. (2007), 'Counting the Cost of Water Pollution - an Investigation into Arsenic Poisoning in West Bengal', SANDEE Policy Brief No. 20 - 07
Other Publications :
- Roy, Joyashree ( 2008), 'Economic benefits of arsenic removal from ground water -A case study from West Bengal, India', Science of the Total Environment-2008: 397 (1), pp.1-12
- Chakraborty, D; and Joyashree Roy (2015), 'Ecological Footprint of Paperboard and Paper production Unit in India', Environment, Development and Sustainability, August, Vol 17, issues 4, pp 909-921. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10668-014-9563-4
- Dasgupta S, Joyashree Roy (2015), 'Understanding technological progress and input price as drivers of energy demand in manufacturing industries in India', Energy Policy, Volume 83, August 2015, Pages 1-13. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030142151500138X
- Sebak Jana; Joyashree Roy; Buddhi Marambe; Jeevika Weerahewa; Gamini Pushpakumara; Pradeepa Silva; Md. Giashuddin Miah; Ranjith Punyawardena; Sarath Premalal (2015) , 'Home gardens in the Paschim Medinipur District of West Bengal in India: a land use system with multiple benefits', International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development (IJESD), Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. pp.191 - 206. DOI: 10.1504/IJESD.2015.068606.
- Roy Joyashree; Rupsa Bhowmick; Manisha Dolui (2014), 'Actions for Sustainable Development: Evidence Based Assessment for the State of West Bengal', Arthaniti 13 (1-2)/2014/1. http://www.econcaluniv.ac.in/Arthanitiweb/book/2014/JRRBMD.pdf
- Susan E. Amrose, Siva R.S. Bandaru, Caroline Delaire, Case M. van Genuchten, Amit Dutta, Anupam DebSarkar, Christopher Orr, Joyashree Roy, Abhijit Das, Ashok J. Gadgil (2014), 'Electro-chemical arsenic remediation: Field trials in West Bengal', Science of the Total Environment, 488-489 (2014) 539-546.
- Das. A, Joyashree Roy (2013), 'Socio-Economic Fallout of Arsenicosis in West Bengal: A Case Study in Murshidabad District', Journal of the Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 67(2). pp 273-285.
http://isas.org.in/jisas/jsp/onlinelatestissue.jsp or http://isas.org.in/jisas/jsp/volume/vol67/issue2/08%20-%20Joyashree%20Roy.pdf
Current Research Area/ Interests : Broad area of research is Resource and Environmental Economics. Major contributions are in the field of Energy demand modeling. The field of application ranges from Non renewables to Renewable resources, urban to rural problems. The bias is more towards industry sector and econometric model building, statistical analysis especially for deriving policy implication for developing countries with special reference to the Indian economy. Data base ranging from primary data from field survey to secondary data and macro data such as input-output tables have been used at various stages of research and publications. Focus of current research is more towards Economic and Social Dimensions of Climate Change, Water resource management and multidisciplinary research on sustainable development, Risks and Vulnerabilities in Coastal Ecosystems, social embedding of new innovation.